This work is co-ordinated with the scheduled weekend subway closure from Kipling to Islington station. Regular subway service will resume at 6 a.m. on Monday, August 21, 2017.
The Passenger Pick-up and Drop-off automatic entrance will be closed to vehicular traffic. The entrance remains open for customer use. Please use the main entrance if you require vehicular access.
[READ FULL NOTICE]
Dundas Street from Islington Avenue to Kipling Avenue was last resurfaced in 1995. A pavement evaluation should be completed on this section of Dundas Street this year with the results expected sometime in the fall.
Currently there is no Transportation Capital work scheduled in the next 5 years at this time. However, it may be added to the program based on the results of the pavement evaluation in the fall.
Please note that the actual work date will be subject to availability of budget funds, other comparative priorities and co-ordination with utilities.
As seen in our August E-News
Starting September 2017 the laneway North of Dundas St. W. and East of Cabot Court will be rehabilitated.
Prior to construction residents should expect:
- Work crews marking sidewalks and curbs requiring replacement and the locations of underground utilities
- Affected properties will receive a Construction Notice approximately two weeks before work begins with more information about the work
- Work in the boulevard in front of homes and commercial properties is expected
- Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard)
Based on the results of a preliminary inspection, the rehabilitation of the manhole(s) will involve:
• Completing internal repairs to concrete benching
• Installing new maintenance ladders and platforms
• Flushing and cleaning the manhole with high pressure water to remove debris
• Installing a structural liner system in the manhole, where required, via a specialized crew
approximately one week following cleaning activities. The liner typically takes 2-3 days to install.
[READ FULL DETAILS]
[CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL DETAILS]
The city is currently working on rehabilitating the sewer systems in Ward 5. Work details include:
- Inspection of Main Sewer / Inspection of Lateral Sewer
- Relining of Main Sewer
- Relining of Lateral Sewer
The contractor will inform to homeowners and/or residents about specific dates and type of work with at least 48 hours in advance.
We have received complaints about newly resurfaced culverts already eroding on certain streets. Staff have come back with a solution.
We would like to advise of the TTC closure of Line 2 – Kipling to Islington stations due to preliminary track work overnight.
(Click on image to enlarge)
This is in response to requests we’ve received, on behalf of an area resident, to investigate the feasibility of installing all-way stop controls at the intersection of Ashbourne Drive and Mervyn Avenue.
Staff conclude that application of the study data reveals that the requirements for the installation of an all-way stop control are achieved.
This is in response to requests we’ve received, on behalf of area residents, to review concerns regarding vehicular speeds on Ashbourne Drive between Burnhamthorpe Road and Bloor Street West and determine the feasibility of lowering the speed limit from 40 km/h to 30 km/h.
Based on the review of the collision history and vehicle speeds on Ashboume Drive, studies indicate that traffic is operating in a safe and efficient manner. Based on the non-compliance of the Warrants, a 30 km/h speed limit is neither justified nor recommended at this time.
The City of Toronto will replace damaged curbs and sidewalks and resurface the following local roads in Ward 5 Etobicoke-Lakeshore:
- Blaketon Road from Friendly Drive to North of Friendly Drive,
- Bloorlea Crescent from Oregon Trail to Oregon Trail (Cul-de-sac),
- Cronin Drive from Oregon Trail to Friendly Drive,
- Friendly Drive from Cronin Drive to Lormar Drive,
- Lormar Drive from Oregon Trail to Friendly Drive,
- Nipissing Drive from Oregon Trail to Friendly Drive,
- Oregon Trail from Laurel Avenue to Lormar Drive
[READ FULL LIST]
(Once the list is loaded on the webpage, click on Ward 5 for the complete details)