Sevenoaks/Leland Meeting Summary – 2016

Posted in Development, Ward 5


The meeting was insightful and constructive. A big thanks to the residents who attended, transportation staff and of course our finest from 22 Division!

At this time, due to a lack of support, traffic calming will not be implemented at this time.

Councillor Justin Di Ciano will canvass the streets personally over the summer. At this time staff will install additional signage to allow cyclists to make a “right” onto Leland from Royal York at any time. Thank you to the resident who suggested this!

The officer from 22 Division reiterated that local residents make up the majority of speeding cars, please slow down it is the most cost effective and easiest solution to speeding concerns.

Dundas and Aukland – Main and Main Development Schedule

Posted in Development


The applicant is anticipating 36-42 months (3 – 3.5 years) from the beginning of excavation (late summer 2016) to full occupancy with all work completed.

There will be some busier and some quieter periods during construction. Over the next few months they will be refining this schedule, we will share all updates!

There is a rumour that this project may be rental over ownership. The Councillor’s office has not been advised of any changes at this time.


Public Meeting for Rio Can Development Islington & The Queensway 2016

Posted in Development, Ward 5


Date and Time: May 30th 2016, 6:30 – 8:30 pm

Location: The Legion Hall, 110 Jutland Road

The Preliminary Staff Report may be read here:

A community consultation meeting scheduled by staff in consultation with the

Ward Councillor is intended to be held in the second quarter of 2016. A Final Report and statutory public meeting under the Planning Act to consider this application is targeted for the fourth quarter of 2016. This target assumes the applicant will provide all required information in a timely manner.